Solutions Architect L2
Volkswagen Group UK is wholly owned by Volkswagen AG and is one of the most successful automotive manufacturers in the world, with some of the most iconic brands that the industry has ever seen. But we're also a great Sales & Marketing operation in our own right.
What really sets us apart is how we work – not how many vehicles we sell. The Automotive Industry is changing. It is Transforming. In order to facilitate the scale of this significant shift in the Industry, the focus is on delivering IT and Business Change against the ambitious Group Strategy. IT set the technology strategy for VWG UK whilst creating innovative solutions, maintaining applications and optimising security. We're experts in our Business Processes & Systems and leaders of vast Change Programmes.
The digital future of VWG UK is changing; we're looking for an integration experienced Solutions Architect to join our team on a permanent basis. In this busy and varied role, you'll be the technical lead on system development across a number of new and exciting IT initiatives. You'll propose and implement solutions across multiple platforms including networks, mobile devices and distributed platforms, ensuring they are fit for purpose and designed in line with our future business and architectural strategy.
You'll be an established Solutions Architect, knowing how to prioritise multiple critical projects at one time. As a natural problem solver, you'll ensure solutions are delivered on time with the right stakeholder buy in and support. As a technical expert you'll have experience of Integration, application architecture, data and business architectures and even a knowledge of SOAP/REST, ESB, SQL, ETL/DWH technologies. You'll work with a broad range of stakeholders, from Business Analysts, Business Relationship Managers to third party suppliers and our brands. You'll know how to communicate technical information to non-technical people and build great working relationships along the way.
The ideal candidate would have experience of:
- A large scale e-commerce programme for a multi-brand, multi-national organisation - combining both transactional e-commerce and integration into financial services.
- Experience of dealing with complex integration issues spanning multiple systems.
- An ability to understand how technical issues and their potential solutions affect both the customer experience and the commercial viability of the overall proposition.
- Awareness of the full-stack of technologies involved in e-commerce - from front-end technologies, integration platforms, payment systems through to back-end systems - also including cloud platforms.
So what can we offer you? As an inclusive employer we know people value different things, so along with a competitive salary, car and discretionary bonus, we offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit you and your lifestyle including hybrid working.
Sound like a challenge? We'd love to hear from you.
At Volkswagen we are proud to say we have a unique culture, built on diversity, difference and a determination to succeed that inspires us all. Across our brands and group functions, we are striving to learn from each other, encourage each other and regularly challenge each other to think differently. Our people have a true passion for what they do, a genuine desire to go further for customers and to give their own careers real momentum at the same time.
- Contract Type:Full-time - Permanent
- Location:Volkswagen Group UK - Milton Keynes
- Function:Information Technology
- Working Hours:36.25
- Closing Date:28 January 2022
- Job Reference:2039